Friday, September 21, 2012

"What I Eat" Meal Examples

I get a lot of questions about what, specifically, I eat to stay fit, so I thought I would just throw together a quick meal example post to give you an idea of what some of the typical foods that I eat throughout the day are. Keep in mind, my diet varies from day to day depending on what I'm in the mood for, what I have in the house, and what I have time to make. But I took pictures of some of my meals from yesterday to post so here goes:


 I'm in a little bit of a Pumpkin Spice frenzy this week (mostly because the can of Pumpkin
from my  Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake is going to go bad if I don't use it!) so I went with
Pumpkin Spice Oats (top) and Pumpkin Spice Cottage Cheese (bottom) for breakfast. They photograph a little funny, but let me tell you, words can't express how good this was!!!


Egg Salad on a Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin with Baby Spinach and Tomatoes
To keep the calories and fat down I use 1 whole egg and 1 egg white, with light mayo
 and spicy brown mustard. Throw in whatever seasonings you like and enjoy!



This is a prime example of why you shouldn't give up so easily when trying
something new! These chicken meatballs almost ended up in the garbage
because I was getting frustrated with how they were browning, but they
actually ended up turning out AWESOME! I used egg whites and
whole wheat bread crumbs with my fave Italian seasonings and threw them
on top of some spaghetti squash and steamed broccoli! I think my hubby might be
holding a grudge because there was only enough leftovers for one and I
claimed them for lunch the next day!  :)




   




























Like I said, these are just a few examples of meals that I eat throughout the day to hit my calorie and macro goals. I typically have about 6 small meals a day and try to track everything that I'm eating when I'm really focused on a particular goal. If I'm just trying to maintain my weight then I tend to be a little more relaxed about tracking but if you are just starting out I can't stress enough how important it is to know what you're eating! 

Well I hope this was helpful in giving you some ideas of things you could add to your diet - feel free to customize them any way you want! Let me know if you enjoyed this type of blog post and I will be sure to take more pictures of my meals for posts like this in the future!  :)

1 comment: