Thursday, June 28, 2012

Maple-Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

So, I thought I would post some of the clean recipes that I have come up with or adapted from other recipes for you guys to see!  Since I am a working mom, you will notice that most of my recipes are really simple, and not very time-consuming, since little girl will only sit still for so long in her high chair while I experiment - hehe!  If you have the time and the know-how to enhance them, by all means, I would love to hear about it!  :)

I had a hard time deciding on what recipe I wanted to post first, but I've made this before and when I came across it in my repertoire, and asked hubby's opinion on whether or not I should post it, he said "Oooooh, how 'bout you just make that, like right now?!?!"  So I figured that meant this was a good place to start.  If you're not big on fish (I'm not either, no worries!), Tilapia is a very mild tasting one, or you could substitute with chicken and simply adjust the cooking time a little longer.




***A couple of sidenotes: Because I came up w/this recipe before blogging ever entered my mind, I hadn't counted on using exact measurements to share with others. When it comes to seasonings, I tend to eyeball it most of the time, so I apologize if they are a little off.  You can adjust it to your taste if you like, and I promise to take better note of how much I am using for future posts!  :)

***Also, you will notice that I use a lot of Walden Farms products in my recipes, which are calorie free but use artificial sweeteners (gasp - I know!).  If you prefer not to use artificial sweeteners, feel free to substitute with your preferred natural choice - just remember to adjust the calorie count and macronutrient information given below.

Ingredients:

5 Tilapia Fillets (about 4 oz. each)
1/4 Cup Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
4 tsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
1 tsp. Dried Basil
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
Salt and Pepper
Cooking Spray


Directions:


1. Use a food processor, blender, or (my fave) Magic Bullet to grind up the bread into fine breadcrumbs.  Then add the seasonings and Parmesan Cheese and mix well in a bowl.


2. In another bowl, add the Pancake Syrup.


3. Coat the Tilapia in the Syrup, letting the excess drip off.  Then, lightly coat in the breadcrumb mixture.


4. Place on a baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray.


5. Bake 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.


6. Enjoy!  :)


Nutritional Info:
Serving Size: 1 Fillet
Calories/Serving: 132
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Protein: 22 grams
Fat: 4 grams




There you go, super easy, low calorie, low carb and low fat, but a great source of protein and REALLY, REALLY good, too!  Hope you enjoy this recipe!  Comment below, I'd love to hear your feedback!  Thanx!


~Sara



2 comments:

  1. sounds very nice. i really need to incorporate fish into my diet.. so this looks pretty good. my fish intake is really only canned tuna which used to be a staple but now maybe once a week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yea I've always been big on Tuna. I don't like anything that's too fishy tasting, so Tuna, Tilapia and Shrimp are about it for me!

      Delete